The World’s Only Live Moss Air Filter
Our patent pending science benefits both your well-being and the environment. Moss Pure adds value to your space with the following:
Moss Pure was created during a startup challenge at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where it won first place (MIT Lebanon Challenge). During the competition, it was realized that moss has several benefits. But, there weren’t many companies that were using live moss. Most moss companies use preserved moss, which is no longer living or dried moss, which is neither living or dead but in a dormant state. Neither preserved or dried moss are able to provide the benefits that live moss can provide since the mosses are no longer alive.
We talked to customers and they preferred live moss and its benefits over preserved and dried moss. We found that:
- No other company was able to use moss an an effective air filter.
- No other company was able to keep live moss alive in indoor moss wall environments for more than a few days. Our science extends the lifespan of live moss in our products to last indefinitely within our design.
- Existing living walls and moss walls used a great amount of water and electricity and were bulky and required time to assemble. There were no live moss products that were for the everyday consumer and business.
Using live moss, Moss Pure was created
1) Act as a modern air filter and therapeutic stress relief device made of live moss that would effectively purify air in any indoor or outdoor space,
2) Sustain the live moss so that it is able to stay alive within our product design without needing water, sunlight, or electricity,
3) Provide an aesthetically pleasing design that can be used as a live moss decor piece in your home and office.
1. Improves Your Air Quality
PROBLEM 1: More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies each year and 24 million Americans suffer from respiratory diseases such as asthma (Source). Air quality is a major national and global issue. Both indoor and outdoor pollutants from cooking, cleaning, burning fuel, and wildfires – just to name a few, impact our lives daily.
SOLUTION 1: Moss Pure’s patent pending and proprietary design uses moss to improve the air in your space of carbon dioxide, particulate matter (dust, allergens), volatile organic compounds, metals, bacteria, and viruses. These pollutants cause allergies, asthma, respiratory illnesses, and cancer.
Normally air purifying plants will take 20 years to purify only 2% of the air in your space. Moss Pure doesn’t just use the natural purifying ability of live moss. Our science enhances the ability of live moss to become an effective air filter. Results from air quality testing have certified that Moss Pure improves your air quality within minutes.
Scientifically Certified to Improve Your Air Quality
Moss Pure was tested for air quality by a U.S. certified laboratory. The results found that in 2 minutes, Moss Pure purified the air of 30% of carbon dioxide. Moss Pure is the first and only plant-based product to achieve this. Moss Pure also captures pollutant particles such as dust, allergens, metals, and bacteria and viruses.
Moss Pure was tested for air quality in an
airtight emissions chamber.
Add a little bit of color to your space with the MossPure Minis!
No Watering, Sunlight, or Maintenance Needed
Moss Pure uses a patent pending and proprietary science, called The Moss Sauce, to create a multi-layer of eco-friendly materials that provides needed nutrients for the live moss. Because of our science, the live moss in our products do not need watering, sunlight, or maintenance and are able to effectively improve air quality.
- The multi-layered Moss Sauce provides a living environment for our live moss. Our live moss is able to sustain and stay alive in both indoor and outdoor environments within our product design indefinitely.
- The Moss Sauce enhances the air filtering ability of our live moss. We use a certain species and subspecies of moss that works with our science (that’s why we call it the Moss Sauce). Our design allows live moss to use toxic chemicals in the air as its food and nutrient source. By doing this, our live moss becomes an air filter, purifying your surrounding air. And since the moss is getting its nutrients from the surrounding air, it doesn’t need watering, sunlight, or maintenance.
Our Live Moss is Long-Lasting
Moss Pure’s science has extended the lifespan of live moss so that our moss will survive within our products. If you were to take live moss and put it on a frame or in a bowl, it wouldn’t stay alive for more than a few days. Preserved moss will need replacement and maintenance within 1 or 2 years. In comparison, our live moss is outliving both preserved and existing live moss products out there right now.
2. Provides You With Therapeutic Relief
80% of Americans have reported feeling stressed or anxious during the pandemic (American Psychological Association). Stress is a major issue in the United States, impacting mental and physical health, relationships, and decreasing productivity (Source).
In 1984, Harvard renown Edward O. Wilson researched biophilic design. He found that stress and anxiety in people were reduced when visions of nature were brought into their space. Since then, several psychologists have conducted research and have found similar results.
However, biophilic design includes the visual sight of nature. Moss Pure provides you with therapeutic relief from stress by going above and beyond biophilic design. Moss Pure’s patent pending technology engages not only sight, but other senses such as touch and smell to increase the effects of biophilic design and reduce your stress and anxiety levels.
How Moss Pure Brings Nature to You.
- Most moss companies use preserved moss that is no longer living. Moss Pure uses actual live, real moss in your direct space
- We use proprietary 3D design elements and naturally occurring materials such as reclaimed wood, which makes it feel like you’re in an indoor, modern forest
- Our products are lightweight and mobile to move with you throughout your space, providing a relaxing, zen environment wherever you are
- Most moss wall companies use screens or a barrier from the moss. It was critical for Moss Pure’s design to be open to allow your direct interaction with the live moss in our products, therefore providing therapeutic relief
- Moss Pure’s live moss smells like fresh nature, a park, and fresh cut grass. The refreshing smell creates a zen and calming environment in your space. In contrast, preserved moss gives off a strong chemical odor.